[XeTeX] Ancient Hebrew font problem

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 22:27:28 CEST 2010

Kirk Lowery wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Gareth Hughes <garzohugo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are you using that format for a reason? I would prefer to use
>> polyglossia for a bilingual document:
>>

> Two (possibly related questions):
>
> 1. Does polyglossia preclude the need for the bidi package?

Polyglossia loads bidi if an RTL language is defined.

> 2. What advantages does polyglossia have for bilingual documents?

Polyglossia provides logical, clean commands like \texthebrew{}, which
will change font and set direction. It does quite a few other things too
like set page numbers, caption names and date formats for the overall
document language. I've written bilingual documents in XeLaTeX before
polyglossia and find it a lot easier with it.

> Thanks!
>
> Kirk

Gareth.