[XeTeX] Japanese Characters in PDF do not match thosein source file.

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 14:27:59 CEST 2010

** Andrew A. Adams [2010-08-20 20:09:30 +0900]:

>> The Kanji_Test.tex file you attached is encoded in UTF-16. I'm
>> surprised you got output of any kind using the file as is.
>
> Ah, I was just messing around with the xemacs side of things and obviously
> hadn't re-set that. Here's the utf-8 version, which produced the same problem
> in the first place, and still.
>
>> However, if you're sure the file is UTF-8 on your end, try the
>> following, maybe inputenc is the culprit:
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{fontspec}
>> \begin{document}
>> \fontspec{IPAMincho}$B=;L14pK\BfD"%M%C%H%o!<%/(B
>> \end{document}
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>
> Thank, but no luck, no change whether or not inputenc is there.

You example (w/o inputenc, w/o cm-default option for fontspec) works
fine for me (I only could compare glyphs :).

TeX Live 2010 pretest, Linux x86_64.

What TeX distribution do you use?
What version of fontspec?

P.S. To process your example by xelatex engine I have to download
IPAMincho font from internet. You could also check the version of the
font you use.

--
WBW, Vladimir Lomov

--
I have stripped off my dress; must I put it on again?  I have washed my feet;
must I soil them again?