[XeTeX] Japanese Characters in PDF do not match thosein source file.

Andrew A. Adams aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Fri Aug 20 13:09:30 CEST 2010

> The Kanji_Test.tex file you attached is encoded in UTF-16. I'm
> surprised you got output of any kind using the file as is.

Ah, I was just messing around with the xemacs side of things and obviously
hadn't re-set that. Here's the utf-8 version, which produced the same problem
in the first place, and still.

> However, if you're sure the file is UTF-8 on your end, try the
> following, maybe inputenc is the culprit:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \begin{document}
> \fontspec{IPAMincho}$B=;L14pK\BfD"%M%C%H%o!<%/(B
> \end{document}
>
> Hope this helps,

Thank, but no luck, no change whether or not inputenc is there.

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/