[XeTeX] RTL hyperlink problems

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Fri Aug 20 08:41:14 CEST 2010

Hi Ron,

On 20/08/2010, at 4:09 PM, Ron Aaron wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 August 2010 23:06:02 Ron Aaron wrote:
>> Using xetex I found that the 'hyperref' package did not product attractive links in PDF, so I had to write my own PDF link code:
>
> This seems to be specifically a "dvipdfmx" problem, as using "etex" on the sample  I gave, followed by "dvipdfmx" produces precisely the same problem.

When you tested this using hyperref, did you use the 'breaklinks'
option?
e.g.
    \hypersetup{breaklinks=true}

This option is designed for this type of problem,
but is not on by default.

I'm not sure how well it works with RTL though.
Vafa is the guy who has looked into this kind
of thing, but using LaTeX, rather than Plain TeX,
or eplain, etc. as you seem to be doing.

> --
> Sending me something private?
> Use my GPG public key: AD29415D

Hope this helps,