[XeTeX] xe(la)tex to epub?

Rob Oakes lyx-devel at oak-tree.us
Mon Aug 16 19:52:06 CEST 2010

I'm not sure if there is a driver which works directly with xelatex, but you might want to take a look at LaTeXML or TeX4ht.  Both of these tools allow you to create xhtml.  If you use a custom style sheet, you can even specify extremely strict compliance.  Converting from XHTML to epub  is pretty straightforward.

Heres a pretty good look that looks at LaTeX -> XHTML (XML): http://jblevins.org/log/xml-tools

Going from XML to ePub is covered here: http://www.epubbooks.com/blog/20080925/creating-an-epub-document/

Several months ago, I had to convert some course materials and it went relatively smoothly.  I've been meaning to write scripts for automating it, but ... it's on the to-do list.

I'd be interested in hearing other people's experiences.

Cheers,

Rob