[XeTeX] xe(la)tex to epub?

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Mon Aug 16 19:37:18 CEST 2010

Hi all,

just wondering: is there an output driver that will generate an epub
rather than pdf file from xe(la)tex source? I know it's less precise
than pdf files in terms of boxing, but epub demand is high, and it
allows reflowing much more naturally than pdf making it a far more
suitable format for documents that are released for small screen devices
(regardless of whether we call them ereaders, tablet pcs, slates, or
etch-a-sketches). Basically it'd be a good compliment to the standard
pdf output when generating public documents (parallel format generation
makes users and customers happy) but I don't think I've seen an output
driver for this... just custom "latex to .epub converters", which aren't
really useful. Something that operates on xdv/dvi would be far superior.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com