[XeTeX] xelatex, texshop, Chinese question marks

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 01:42:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

If I use Kochi Mincho (a font for Japanese), the first two characters show up correctly. The last character is Chinese-only. Judging from your post, I think the font that you are using (STkai) does not have glyphs for the characters you are requesting. So you should try another font. I am sure that there are OTF fonts available through the web for testing. For example, the code2000 font covers almost all unicode characters.

Cheers,
Wilfred