[XeTeX] pstricks and dvi output in xelatex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Aug 1 01:06:58 CEST 2010

Am 31.07.2010 um 23:47 schrieb Alan Munn:

> The issue is why do these drawings end up placing the text in a
> different position when compiled with xelatex compared to with latex-
> dvips-ps2df.

Ah, I see it now! For a first start I'd recommend to extract the PS
(Tricks) code from the DVI or XDV files. When it's different, then the
"drivers" are not OK (XDV uses RGB while DVI uses grey values, which
should be OK). Then see what dvips produces (it obviously starts the
texts at the same y co-ordinate).

What is the definition in the PS Tricks documentation and in it's
code, for ncput/ncput*, where it puts the beginning of text?

I'm going to bed now...

--
Greetings

   Pete

$ sumascii BILL GATES
   B   I   L   L   G   A   T   E   S
  66+ 73+ 76+ 76+ 71+ 65+ 84+ 69+ 83 = 663

  and add 3 because he's Bill Gates the third.