[XeTeX] Scaling graphics

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Apr 30 16:35:20 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:55:06 +0100 schrieb José Carlos Santos:

> This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9995.1 (MiKTeX 2.8)
>
> So, it is a slightly more recent version than yours (and the problem
> might lie there).

No, I can reproduce your problem with miktex 2.7 too.

Your picture is 1886 pixel wide and declares its resolution to be
600 dpi. This gives a "natural" width of 8cm and this width you get
with pdflatex.

But xetex seems not to take the resolution into account but use a
resolution of 72 dpi. This gives a "natural" width of about 66cm and
so scaling it to 0.4 is not enough.

I don't know if you can tell to use another dpi value as default or
for one image.

--
Ulrike Fischer