[XeTeX] Scaling graphics

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 30 14:27:48 CEST 2010

On Apr 30, 2010, at 3:59 AM, José Carlos Santos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If I compile this file:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \begin{document}
> \includegraphics[scale=.4]{Figura_3-1.jpg}
> \end{document}
>
> with PDFLaTeX, then all goes well. But if I use XeLaTeX instead, then
> I get this:
>
> <use  "Figura_3-1.jpg" >
> Overfull \hbox (427.1866pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 4--5
> [][]
>
> Can anyone tell me why?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jose Carlos Santos

Howdy,

No problem here. I get identical results using either pdflatex or xelatex.

What TeX distribution are you using? If TL2009 (or the latest MikTeX?) has it been updated to the latest versions of the packages? Can you add a \listfiles to the top of the file so we can see the versions of input files?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)