[XeTeX] accented character ṛ within \section{ṛ}

Peter Baker psb6m at virginia.edu
Mon Apr 26 19:16:46 CEST 2010

On 4/26/10 12:44 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> That is one reason I personally think combining marks + ccmp are better
> than pre-composed glyphs, the less glyph work the easier to sync fonts.
> Sure it means a bit extra OpenType work, but this can easily be shared
> between faces.
>
> Regards,
>   Khaled

Completely agree. But I get anguished notes from users of MS Word and
OpenOffice, and Mac apps (where anchor positioning doesn't work, though
other OpenType support is good) asking for precomposed characters. The
mainstream apps, unfortunately, don't support OpenType well, and until
that happens, and end-users figure out how to use those features,
pre-composed characters will be necessary.

Peter