[XeTeX] Xetex won't compile without Lmodern fonts

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 11:41:09 CEST 2010

Hmmm, was my information wrong in some way? The GUST website mentions that the Tex Gyre fonts are closely related to the Latin Modern project. So yes, maybe Latin Modern is strictly speaking not a Tex Gyre font, but it is at least highly related.

The Tex Gyre site mentions that the Tex Gyre fonts are created by the same "process" which also led to the Latin Modern fonts. So in this way, LM can be considered the mother of all Gyre fonts.

Wilfred