[XeTeX] Xetex won't compile without Lmodern fonts

Raphael Frey freyraphael at lavabit.com
Fri Apr 16 10:56:18 CEST 2010

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:22:31 -0500
Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Try the [cm-default] option for fontspec. Also, I'd put the fontspec
> line before the xunicode line but I'm not sure it makes a difference.

Thank you and Peter Dyballa for your help and informaitons. The problem
was (and still is) that the ‘texlive-xetex’ package in Debian (stable
and unstable) has no dependency to the ‘lmodern’ package – ‘lmodern’ is
not even a recommendation of the ‘texlive-xetex’ package. But it seems
that this problem now gets fixed soon. I supposed that the Latin Modern
fonts are as important to Xetex documents as the Computer Modern fonts
to Tex/Latex documents but I was not 100 % sure – therefore I asked
here. (And I neglected to consult the documentation of the ‘fontspec’
package.)

Best regards

Raphael