[XeTeX] selecting font size

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri Apr 16 14:52:32 CEST 2010

Brian Wilson wrote:

> For \documentclass{book} I can choose between 10pt-12pt. This is too small
> for booksfor the visually impared or books in languages whose font size is
> natively small. Thai fonts are really small. A 16pt Thai font is about 11pt
> for an English font. A 10pt Thai font is about 7pt in English.

Hi Brian:

You can try to load a standard size (10-12pt) but scale the Lao font, e.g.,

\setmainfont{Times}
\newfontfamily\Laofont[Scale=2]{Saysettha MX}

With this example, the Lao font will be scaled to twice the size of the
mainfont.

HTH.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,