[XeTeX] Polyglossia errors on Windows/MikTeX 2.8/TeXworks

Johannes Engel jcnengel at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 16 01:09:25 CEST 2010

Am 15.04.2010 22:34, schrieb Peter Davis:

> I'm trying to compile the polyglossia sample file,
> test-polyglossia-setup.tex, but it's failing with errors like:
>

> ! Undefined control sequence.
>
> l.82 \newXeTeXintercharclass
>
> \xpg at normalclass %TODO
>

> and
>

> ! LaTeX Error: File `loadingorder-bidi.def' not found.
>
> Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
>
> or enter new name. (Default extension: def)
>

> My searches indicate that this was a known problem that was fixed
> sometime in December, but I've updated everything I can find to
> update, and I'm still seeing this.  I've tried updating using the
> Start->MikTeX 2.8->Maintenance (Admin)->Update (Admin) options, and
> supposedly everything's up to date, but I still get the errors.
>

> Can anyone tell me what files I need to update, where to get them,
> where to put them, and what commands to use to regenerate formats,
> etc. after?

You can regenerate formats using the MikTeX Settings Manager (Admin). I
needed several rounds of rebuilding the filename database (FNDB, to be
done from the same spot) and rebuilding formats to fix this error.
You should enable the XeTeX and XeLaTeX formats in the last section first!

Cheers, Johannes