[XeTeX] Using pst-pdf and xelatex

Andrew Moschou andmos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 02:53:12 CEST 2010

I don't believe it is necessary to use pst-pdf at all with XeLaTeX, PS
pictures seem to come through without a problem. Try removing that
line. If you are wanting a universal file that can be compiled with
any LaTeX variant, try this:

\usepackage{ifxetex}
\ifxetex\else
  \usepackage[nopstricks]{pst-pdf}
\fi

Andrew

2010/4/12 José Carlos Santos <jcsantos at fc.up.pt>:
> Hi all:
>
> This is the first time that I post here and I am just starting to work
> with xe(la)tex.
>
> What I would like to know is this: is it possible to use the pst-pdf
> package on a document which is compiled with xelatex?
>
> If I had this document:
>
> ---------------------- test.tex ----------------------
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[nopstricks]{pst-pdf}
> \begin{document}
> Something.
> \end{document}
>
> I could compile it using pdflatex, in order to get a PDF document. But
> if I compile it using xelatex, then the result of the presence of the
> pst-pdf package is that xelatex tries to extract the PostScrit images
> from this document. Since there are none, it creates no output. What
> should I do?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jose Carlos Santos

Andrew Moschou