[XeTeX] Arabic/Syriac script and Apparatus notes in Ednotes

Adam McCollum acmccollum101 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:06:41 CEST 2010

Greetings,

I'm new to TeX, etc. (and this list) and I'm most interested in being
able to work with Arabic and Syriac (occasionally Hebrew). I've been
playing around some with Polyglossia and Ednotes. I know that
ArabXeTeX can also be used, with input options of both transliteration
and Unicode Arabic. I see how to do the notes/apparatus within Ednotes
for a Latin script, but I can't get it to work when the text is in
Arabic script (Arabic script, and not transliteration is necessary for
me to use for reasons not worth going into here). I'd be glad to see
an example file of how this might be done. At this point, nothing in
this regard would be too basic for me!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Adam McCollum, PhD