[XeTeX] Fwd: xetex, itrans and telugu

Kattamuri Ekanadham eknath2k at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 00:02:04 CEST 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:59:46 +0530,  Shrisha Rao <shrao at nyx.net> wrote:
>There is a fontspec mapping package xetex-itrans that you may like to look
at instead:

>http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/generic/itrans/

>This currently only works with Devanagari and Kannada scripts; if someone
can add Telugu or other scripts, we will be >happy to include them.  Note
that this allows one to insert the ITRANS code into a XeLaTeX document
directly.

I followed your pattern and produced the map file for telugu. I tested it
using Pothana.ttf font exactly as your example:

\newcommand\ted{\catcode`\^=11  \catcode`\~=11
\fontspec[Mapping=itrans-tel]{Pothana}}

and it works fine when I ran the XeLatex on it. I am enclosing the map file
itrans-tel.map; If you are satisfied with  it, please
add it to your ctan library. If you want me to make any corrections or
modifications, please let me know.

Again, thank you for your help and I enjoy using this software.
-eknath.