[XeTeX] Trouble with displaying word containing 3 conjunct consonants in Devanagari

Robert Zydenbos indoxetex at go4more.de
Tue Sep 29 15:54:16 CEST 2009

I'm a bit surprised that this matter has caused such difficulties (sorry
that I was away on holidays, otherwise I would have responded earlier).
Just now I have tested Devanagari MT on my Mac OSX 10.5.8 (on a PowerMac
G5) with TeXLive 2008, and everything comes out just fine (see attachments):

\documentclass[11pt]{article}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont[RawFeature={Conjuncts=Additional Conjuncts}]{Devanagari MT}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

गङ्गा अङ्कः वाङ्मयं सङ्ख्या

उक्त्रं

\end{document}

Could the difference be because I am using TeXShop as a front end?

RZ