[XeTeX] polyglossia and hebrew: arabic numerals and hyphenation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 29 13:47:13 CEST 2009

Am 29.09.2009 um 11:57 schrieb Vafa Khalighi:

> Yes, I admit that my statement was incorrect and I apologise for
> that. *Peter
> Dyballa  told me that polyglossia also loads xunicode and I think
> he sent a
> copy of that to yourself as well.

Right, it was me! Somehow

  xltxtra.sty    2009/09/02 v0.5 Improvements for the "XeLaTeX" format
xunicode.sty    2008/02/08 v0.91 provides access to latin accents and
many other characters in Unicode lower plane

were loaded after

polyglossia.sty    2009/01/25 v1.0.2 Babel replacement for XeLaTeX
etoolbox.sty    2009/08/06 v1.8 e-TeX tools for LaTeX
     etex.sty    1998/03/26 v2.0 eTeX basic definition package (PEB)

and I was sure then that it did not happen due to the contents of the
XeLaTeX source file. Right now I can't reproduce this behaviour,
because on Sunday I updated TL '09? On Saturday I was in a hurry on
Saturday and maybe I undid a comment to Marco Pessotto's original
code. Looking at polyglossia.sty, which did not change from TL '08,
it does not load xltxtra.sty or xunicode.sty, so it's probably me who
is to blame for this. The sequence

	\usepackage{fontspec}
	\usepackage{polyglossia}
	\usepackage{bidi}
	\usepackage{xltxtra}

works as it should be and it's clearly xltxtra which loads xunicode.
Sorry for my fault!

--
Greetings

   Pete

When people run around and around in circles we say they are crazy.
When planets do it we say they are orbiting.