[XeTeX] XeTeX's bug: specifical filename leads to error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Sep 26 17:59:07 CEST 2009

Am 26.09.2009 um 07:38 schrieb masterray:

> I use Ubuntu 9.04 + XeTeX 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.6. When I type
> 'xelatex vijos\ solutions.tex' or 'xelatex vijos\ solutions.tex '
> or other similar filenames in Bash, XeLaTeX gives strange error
> message. I ensure my .tex file is correct and even though 'vijos
> solutions.tex' is empty, XeLaTeX gives the error message. I think
> this must be a filename bug of XeLaTeX.

It was acknowledged to be a bug and is fixed in TeX Live 2009-pretest
(works quite reliable, needing a proof against this opinion). A
workaround is *not* to use bash. Tcsh does not show this. Another
workaround, in bash, is to create a hard-link <file_name> of <name
with space(s)> and running xelatex on it...

--
Greetings

   Pete

  "A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take
away."
				– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry