[XeTeX] fontspec and hyperref

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Thu Sep 24 01:10:05 CEST 2009

Michiel Kamermans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running into a problem using fontspec in combination with
> hyperref, with the attached file.
>
> Using xetex 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.7 (MiKTeX 2.7), fontspec 2008/08/09
> v1.18 and hyperref 2008/12/26 v6.78n I get the following error:
>
> >> Package hyperref Warning: Token not allowed in a PDF string
> (PDFDocEncoding):
> >> (hyperref)                removing `\fontspec' on input line
> 68/84/86/89.

It looks like a problem with using the \section command with \fontspec
inside while using hyperref --- judging from the input lines referred to
in the warning above.

I don't think the \section command likes the ruby stack stuff you've got
in there. I'm sure there's a work-around, though. But I've got to run ....

Hope that helps.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma