[XeTeX] Trouble with displaying word containing 3 conjunct consonants in Devanagari

Ravi Parimi rparimi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 20:57:06 CEST 2009

> Am 20.09.2009 um 18:38 schrieb Ravi Parimi:
>
>> It appears that the xetex engine isn't able to form a conjunct with
>> this combination of letters?
>

> Is there any application which does it automatically right using Devanagari
> MT?

I am not aware of any applications on the mac that can print the
desired form. Does this mean I cannot get xetex to print this conjunct
form at all? In response to one of my previous posts, Jon pointed out
that even though it is not possible to print the conjunct form of my
choice using the Devanagari qwerty keyboard, using the Additional
Conjuncts option of the devanagari font would display the conjunct in
the generated pdf (e.g ङ् + ग). I was hoping that the same method
would help achieve the final form I was looking for.

thanks