[XeTeX] Question about options of font loading in XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:42:03 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Vafa Khalighi <vafa at users.berlios.de> wrote:
> In XeTeX, say if I want to load the bold version of a font I can have
>
> \font\test="<font-name>/B"
>
> I know there are /B, /I, /BI, etc for loading bold, italic, bolditalic
> version of the font. There are some fonts that also have outline shape like
> this one. Is there an option or is it possible to make an option like /B, /I
> that it loads the outline shape of the font automatically.

No. Simply use the full name of the font.

You can always use full font names; the /B, /I, /BI shorthands are
just a convenience, mostly for the use of fontspec or similar
packages, intended to let macros find these common styles without
having to guess how they are named in a particular family. To go
beyond this, for families that have additional styles, you need to
name the faces explicitly, as the potential range of styles and names
is essentially unlimited.