[XeTeX] Font problem with publisher --- help!!!

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Fri Sep 11 15:47:44 CEST 2009

Le 11 sept. 09 à 15:28, Nicolas Vaughan a écrit :

> What do you think about converting all text to outlines? That'll
> solve the problem, but I don't know if it has "collateral damages...
> Thanks,
> Nicolas

nice punishment if the publisher wants to use Illustrator!

Seriously, if this is only a *printing* problem, my advise is to
build a postscript file with all included/downloaded fonts. One of my
sons has worked for 6 weeks in a printer's shop with a heavy duty
printer that prints and cuts all kinds of material, and they used a
PC for the printing because it has the right PS driver that
interprets a certain curve color as a shape to cut in the material.
Even at home, most of our problems are solved by outputting
postscript and then using distiller. I am not familiar enough with
ghostscript to give advice on it.

HTH

François