[XeTeX] Font problem with publisher --- help!!!

Nicolas Vaughan nivaca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 06:01:25 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I have typeset a mathematics book using the Kp fonts in LaTeX (and some
parts in XeLaTeX). I sent it to my publisher and printer, and they told me
there's a problem with the PDF. I don't know exactly why, but they had to
open the PDF in a program different from Acrobat (I believe for creating the
plates), and they are missing (of course!) the Kp fonts.
The book has some parts written in XeLaTeX, and there was no problem with
the OTF fonts I have now supplied.
The real issue is with the LaTeX Kp fonts, since I can't supply them to my
publisher. (In the texfm directory there is a subdirectory with all the .pfb
files of the KP fonts, but I haven't been able to load them in the OS, so
they are available to any application).

I thought that just handing in the final PDF (with the HQ images, etc.)
would be all I had to do with my publisher... (As expected, the PDF opens
and prints *perfectly *with any PDF viewer, e.g., Acrobat or SumatraPDF.)

Does anybody know how to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas Vaughan