[XeTeX] Scheherazade not rendering properly with XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 10 18:39:37 CEST 2009

On 10 Sep 2009, at 17:24, Adam Baker wrote:

> Thanks, that command did the trick. It ended up that I had a
> half-dozen fonts hidden in the Windows fonts directory--created, I
> imagine, as I created dragged-and-dropped the font I had created into
> the directory. (I don't fully understanding that since I renamed the
> font as well as using it.)

When you say "renamed the font", do you mean that you changed the
*filename* or the internal *font name*? Those are two separate things.
If you have multiple fonts with the same font name -- even though the
filenames are different (which they must be, if they're all in the
Fonts directory together) -- this is a recipe for confusion.

And if you're changing the internal font name, remember that fonts
have multiple names (family, postscript, full, unique, preferred
family, ....), possibly in multiple encodings and/or languages, and
you need to be thorough about your changes if you want to avoid the
risk of problems.