[XeTeX] Scheherazade not rendering properly with XeTeX

Adam Baker adamb924 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:51:18 CEST 2009

Version "This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.7 (MiKTeX 2.7)"

Here is a piece of the puzzle. When I delete the Scheherazade font
from c:\windows\fonts, and even restart the computer, the file
compiles without errors--with the corrupt output. If I change the
\font command to ScheherazadeBREAK, I get the font-not-found error. Is
there somewhere else that XeTeX is looking for fonts? Elsewhere on my
disk I have been modifying a copy of Scheherazade...

Adam