[XeTeX] Conjunct consonants in devanagari

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sun Sep 6 05:14:00 CEST 2009

Make sure that you are using a native OS X font that contains AAT
features.  OS X comes with one or two of these (sorry, I can't tell you
the exact names).  You should be able to type the letters (using a
Unicode keyboard, of course, such as comes with OS X) and not have to
worry about making any manual adjustments; the lookups built into the
font are supposed to take care of reordering and reshaping
automatically.  If you try to use a font with OT features, such as you
would on Windows or Linux, it won't work.  You can use OT fonts with OS
X for simple scripts (Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, etc.) but complex scripts
such as Arabic and Devanagari require a native AAT font.

David