[XeTeX] Strange problem with 0.996 and 0.9995 xetex and File Names.

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Sat Sep 5 16:55:55 CEST 2009

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> With the file name `test II.tex' I have no problem; it's with the file
> name `Summary II.tex' I have a problem. Please don't ask why---if I
> knew I'd understand it. Hmmm... Just tried `Summary III.tex' and got
> the internal * asking for commands. This just gets stranger and stranger.

Well now, if I use what you suggest, `Summary II.tex', then TeXShop runs
it fine (on bash, I think, as it is the default shell for me) --- and
from the terminal, bash & ksh work, but not tcsh or zsh!  I can run
`test II.tex' no problem, but get the message in tcsh and zsh, `Summary
II.tex' gets:

> ! I can't find file `"Summary II.texSELFAUTOPARENT"'.
> <*> "Summary II.tex"SELFAUTOPARENT
>
> (Press Enter to retry, or Control-D to exit)
> Please type another input file name: ^D
> ! Emergency stop.
> <*> "Summary II.tex"SELFAUTOPARENT

(Also, I use auto-completion at the command line and the shell inserts
the \<sp> automatically. )

What's your default shell for TeXShop (I suppose what loads with your
.profile or some other dot file)? Maybe SnowLeopard changed it?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery