[XeTeX] Strange problem with 0.996 and 0.9995 xetex and File Names.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Sep 4 16:01:57 CEST 2009

Howdy,

Someone on the TeXShop Forum came up with a rather strange problem
using either xetex 0.996 (or 0.9995 in the TL-2009 pretest) involving
file names with spaces in them. Using a file with name `Summary
II.tex' the following error was generated

! I can't find file `"Summary II.texSELFAUTOPARENT"'.
<*> "Summary II.tex"SELFAUTOPARENT

on his system, with a similar error (SELFAUTOPARENT is expanded) on my
system. Using `Summary 2.tex' or removing the space, `SummaryII.tex',
works fine while `Summary 22.tex' fails.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)