[XeTeX] Question about xetex.def (or \special)

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Mon Oct 19 04:56:58 CEST 2009

I have been playing a bit with \special lately for fixing the issue of color
in bidi.

If I make something like

\makeatletter
\def\set at color@stack{%
  \beginL\special{color push \current at color}\beginR%
\aftergroup\reset at color
}

\def\reset at color@stack{%
 \endR \special{color pop}\endL%
  \expandafter\checkfor at moreresets
}

\makeatother

So the idea is that I make ouside the \special s LTR, but making inside RTL,
this works fine when using \color and \textcolor commands, but if I say
\colorbox{yellow}{This is a test} then I get just a yellow box without the
`This is just a test'. I have tried very hard but could not find a way to
fix it. Does anyone know how could I possible fix this?

--
Vafa