[XeTeX] getting \newXeTeXintercharclass to work

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sun Oct 18 15:29:59 CEST 2009

Hi Will,

thanks for the snippet, it certainly helps in terms of ensuring that the
little package I have for for defining newXeTeXintercharclass declares
it in the same way as the upcoming 'release' =)

I've put it to use for automatic unicode block fontswitching in pure
XeTeX, rather than my old fontwrap package which relies on PerlTeX.
Technically, I just wrote a package that enumerated all the unicode
blocks and allows you to set up entry/exit transition rules for those
blocks, but the primary use I have for it is to use fontspec to switch
fonts when a unicode block is entered. I'll do a for-comments post on it
before sending it to CTAN, just in case someone spots a glaring problem
with it.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com