[XeTeX] Accessing individual Unicode characters

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sat Oct 17 15:02:54 CEST 2009

Yes, just enter \char"XXXX in your document (that's a double quote
followed directly by the hex digits).  I would, however, use OpenType
features to access these whenever possible (I don't suppose that works
for "symbols and stuff" but it certainly will for ligatures, various
types of numerals, small caps, etc., and XeTeX is one of the few apps
that can easily control OT features).

David