[XeTeX] xetex updates

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 9 14:19:09 CEST 2009

Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> The easiest thing that you can do without actually reinstalling
> TeXLive again is to go to your `Home Folder" and press `Ctrl+H' (that
> is holding `Ctrl' and `H' keys at the same time). Then open a file
> called `.bashrc' and at the end of that file, put this:
>
>   PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/i386-linux:$PATH; export PATH
>   MANPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/doc/man:$MANPATH; export MANPATH
>   INFOPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/doc/info:$INFOPATH; export INFOPATH
>
> Save and then close the application. By holding `Ctrl' and `H' keys,
> your home folder will get back to its previous view. I believe this
> should work because at least it works for me on Fedora 12.
Are you sure that this is a good idea? The PATH environment variable
will then contain paths to executables for two different tex installs,
which sounds to me like a Bad Thing. On the other hand, if it works then
presumably the precedence is being sorted out somehow...

--
David Cottenden
PhD Student

Phone: +44 (0)20 7288 3771