[XeTeX] fontmap warnings (on TexLive 2009)

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:30:36 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 01:25:10PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>>> I see two different ways to resolve your problem:
>>>
>>> 1. Try to update your TL installation. For example (I expect active Internet
>>> connection):
>>> # tlmgr --repository http://texlive.guiling.fr update --self --all
>>> (this will update tlmgr and all installed packages)
>>> # tlmgr --repository http://texlive.guiling.fr install --reinstall \
>>>  arabtex
>>> (now you should have arabtex.map)
>>> # tlmgr generate updmap
>>> # updmap-sys
>>> After that try again to generate pdf file from your source.
>>
>> I just finished this as instructed, but this has not changed anything,
>> xelatex warnings are still there.
>>

>>> 2. Try to fix current TL installation (you don't like to download all
>>> updates or another good reason). First of all you should determine where
>>> updmap.cfg file is located:
>>> $ kpsewhich updmap.cfg
>>> (mine is here: /usr/local/opt/texlive/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg )
>>> Check if arabtex.map is in updmap.cfg:
>>> $ grep arabtex.map $(kpsewhich updmap.cfg)
>>> (mine result: MixedMap arabtex.map)
>>> Next delete this line from updmap.cfg with your favorite editor. Or
>>> # cd $(kpsewhich -var-val=SELFAUTOPARENT)/texmf-config/web2c
>>> # sed -i.bak -e '/arabtex/d' updmap.cfg
>>> And run
>>> # updmap-sys
>>
>> My updmap.cfg is in ~/.texlive2009/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg and
>> there is no arabtex.map line in it.  However, the arabtex.map line
>> found in /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg.
>
> What command
> $ kpsewhich updmap.cfg
> returns for you?

/cygdrive/d/woody/.texlive2009/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg

And, I have to say that this file and the whole ~/.texlive2009
directory is not created by my hand anyway. And, I never add any map
file to into the updmap.cfg.

Actually, I even know almost nothing about these files, it must be
some command I've ever run automatically created the directory and
files.  And, these command as listed below were taught by one of you
in the thread:

updmap, updmap-sys, fc-cache -fsv fc-cache -fv

> When you say 'My updmap.cfg' you mean that you edit this file by hand,
> you add your map files into it?
>
> If so I'm not surprise that 1. method not help.
>

> --
> My only love sprung from my only hate!
> Too early seen unknown, and known too late!
>                -- William Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet"

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody at gmail.com)