[XeTeX] fontmap warnings (on TexLive 2009)

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:37:36 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 01:40:11PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running xelatex against my UTF-8 Chinese article in TexLive
> 2009/cygwin.  But I got some warnings,

Your example works fine expect I changed your fonts to those I have:
Adobe Sonf Std -> Batang (some characters in the example miss in this
font);
STKaiti -> Arial Unicode MS.

> ---------------
> Package hyperref Warning: Rerun to get /PageLabels entry.
>
> [1] (./mini-sample.aux)
> ** WARNING ** Invalid char in fontmap line: f
> ** WARNING ** Invalid map record in fontmap line 3077 from pdftex.map.
> ** WARNING ** -- Ignore the current input buffer: labm3583 SFBM3583 "T2AEncoding
>  ReEncodeFont" <cm-super-t2a.enc <sfbm3583.pft frummt <frummt.pfb
>  )
> Output written on mini-sample.pdf (1 page).
> Transcript written on mini-sample.log.
> ---------------
>
> I seems i get trouble in fontmap files, but I don't know how to fix it
> and also don't sure the root cause.   I attached a mini sample in this
> message, could anyone please help me?
This is strange: AFAIK T2A font encoding is used for cyrillic. My
pdftex.map has
$ grep frummt $(kpsewhich pdftex.map)
frummt frummt <frummt.pfb

Try to generate updmap.cfg file again:
$ tlmgr generate updmap
and run as user:
$ updmap
or as admin:
# updmap-sys

P.S. I run your example on Archlinux (x86_64) with TL2009 pretest.

---
WBW, Vladimir.

--
Space is big.  You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is.  I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the