[XeTeX] Bidi equation numbering

Aryeh Weiss aryeh at cc.huji.ac.il
Mon Oct 5 17:02:15 CEST 2009

I have a problem with the equation environment using bidi.sty. The
attached source and PDF output should show the problem. The equation
number appears one the right side of the page, even when working RTL,
and it appears as )I( .

Underneath these equation, is an example of how I shold what it to
appear (ie, with the number left  justified, and with the parentheses
correctly placed.

Also, note what happens to the English sentence in the RTL mode. The
sentence should read "We now insert an equation, still under setRTL."
However, I assume that the correct thing to do is to switch to setLTR
before this sentence if I want itto be set correctly.

As this is the first time that I am posting to this list (to which the
bidi README refered me), I will ask if there is a list archive which I
can search before posting questions which may have already been posted.

Thanks in advance
--aryeh
--
Aryeh Weiss