[XeTeX] Big symbols and delimiters not expanding

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Oct 3 11:16:21 CEST 2009

David Cottenden wrote:

> Having just read the following from
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/bugs.html, I wonder whether I perhaps ought
> to have mentioned that both of the systems that I am using are AMDx64
> based.

[snip]

> I will perhaps have a go on an x86 at home now that I've found this just
> to check.

The problem does indeed seem to be missing on an x86 system (also
running up-to-date Jaunty, and with the same Ubuntu packages installed,
and then TL'08 added later; with the same fonts in the same places). I
don't know what this means, but it seems to me highly significant!

Perhaps those of you who know how the distros for different
architectures differ will know how to interpret it?

Thanks,

David

--
David Cottenden