[XeTeX] OpenType fonts in Linux?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 03:59:02 CET 2009

On 2009-11-30 12:08:55 +1030, Mike Maxwell
<maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu> said:

> Is anyone aware of a site where one can find out about the Unicode
> coverage of individual fonts?  The www.wazu.jp site provides some
> information, but I'm not sure how up to date it is (the link for
> information on the arabtype.volt.ttf font was for instance broken as of
> over a year ago).

It would be nice if Typedia <http://typedia.com/> covered this
information. At present, however, it doesn't seem to.

I imagine a useful way to present the information would be to list
"languages covered", segmented by script type. (And quite easy, albeit
tedious, to automate.) It would be quite interesting to see (if a
comprehendive listing could ever be created) the comparisons between
languages.