[XeTeX] Need some input about \newcommand to create alias

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Nov 28 11:15:53 CET 2009

Am 28.11.2009 um 05:23 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:

> My first one was to try to use something like this : %
> \newcommand{\co2}{CO$_2$}
> The problem was that it seems we cannot use "numbers" in the command
> name, such as the '2' in \co2. Is there a way to circumvent this?

Yes, you can use non-Arabic (including real Arabic) numerals. Many
TeX macros use Roman numerals. You could use \coii... – or \coo? This
is easiest to type.

You haven't read the documentation on the xltxtra and don't know the
commands \textsuperscript/\textsubscript? This would be XeTeX related...

Your spaces problem can be solved by the xspace package.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any
direction.