[XeTeX] polyglossia font warnings -- not sure what they mean

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Mon Nov 23 13:27:15 CET 2009

Hello Youssef.

This slightly modified version of your source file works by me:

\documentclass[12pt, oneside]{scrbook}
\usepackage{scrpage2}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setmainlanguage{brazil}
\setotherlanguage[variant=american]{english}
\setotherlanguage{french}
\setotherlanguage{arabic}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage[dvipdfm, bookmarks, colorlinks]{hyperref}
\hypersetup{linkcolor=blue,citecolor=blue,filecolor=black,urlcolor=blue}
\setmainfont[Ligatures={Common, Rare},Numbers={OldStyle},Mapping=tex-
text]{Charis SIL}
\setsansfont[Ligatures={Common},Mapping=tex-text]{Charis SIL}
\usepackage{epigraph}
%\usepackage[alf,abnt-full-initials=yes]{abntcite}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage[tocgraduated]{tocstyle}
\usetocstyle{nopagecolumn}
\setlength{\parskip}{0pt}
\usepackage{url}
\usepackage{booktabs}
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage{threeparttable}
\usepackage{subfig}
\usepackage{cclicenses}
\usepackage[toc,page]{appendix}
\renewcommand{\appendixtocname}{Apêndices}
\renewcommand{\appendixpagename}{Apêndices}
\usepackage{setspace}

\newenvironment{citacao}%
{\singlespacing%
\small
\begin{list}{}{%
     \setlength{\listparindent}{0cm}%
     \setlength{\itemindent}{\listparindent}%
     \setlength{\rightmargin}{0cm}%
     \setlength{\leftmargin}{4cm}%
     \setlength{\parsep}{0pt}}%
  \item\relax}%
{\end{list}}

\begin{document}

Bom dia.

\end{document}

I have commented out the line calling some packages I don't have and
changed fonts, because I don't have Arno Pro either. As far as I could
see, "bidi" must be called before "fontspec", hence:

\setotherlanguage{arabic} % which calls "bidi"
\usepackage{xltxtra} % which calls "fontspec"

I got some other warnings though:

Package tocstyle Warning: THIS IS AN ALPHA VERSION!
(tocstyle)                USAGE OF THIS VERSION IS ON YOUR OWN RISK!
(tocstyle)                EVERYTHING MAY HAPPEN!
(tocstyle)                EVERYTHING MAY CHANGE IN FUTURE!
(tocstyle)                THERE IS NO SUPPORT, IF YOU USE THIS PACKAGE!
(tocstyle)                Maybe it would be better, not to load this
package.

)
exclude: leaders
exclude: leaders
exclude: leaders
exclude: leaders
exclude: leaders
exclude: leaders
exclude: leaders
exclude: leaders
exclude: leaders
exclude:
exclude:
exclude:
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/booktabs/booktabs.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/rotating/rotating.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/ifthen.sty))
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ltxmisc/
threeparttable.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/subfig/subfig.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/caption/caption.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/caption/caption3.sty)

Package caption Warning: Unsupported document class (or package)
detected,
(caption)                usage of the caption package is not
recommended.
See the caption package documentation for explanation.

)) (/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/cclicenses/
cclicenses.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/appendix/appendix.sty)
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/setspace/setspace.sty
Package: `setspace' 6.7 <2000/12/01>
) (./essai.aux)
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/nameref.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/oberdiek/refcount.sty))
(./essai.out) (./essai.out)

Package tocstyle Warning: unexpected \@dottedtocline definition!
(tocstyle)                You are either using an unknown LaTeX kernel
(tocstyle)                version, an unknown class or package, that
redefines
(tocstyle)                \@dottedtocline, or a \@dottedtocline
redefinition
(tocstyle)                at the document preamble.
(tocstyle)                Because of this you may get unexpected
results!
(tocstyle)                Maybe it would be better not to use package
tocstyle.

Apparently some of the packages you're using are conflicting with each
other.

Best wishes,

Yves