[XeTeX] Slightly embarrassed.... why does \newfontfamily not do what I expect?

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sat Nov 21 10:40:54 CET 2009

Hi Wilfred,
> \documentclass[a4paper,draft,oneside,article]{memoir}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \newfontfamily\cjkfont{Kozuka Mincho Pr6N}
> \cjkfont

replace the \cjkfont command here with \setmainfont{Kozuka Mincho Pr6N}
to explicitly set the document's main font first. You will use the
\cjkfont command whenever you need to do switching, but its effect is
scoped to the current block (when using intercharclasses this is
irrelevant, since it'll be issued whenever it is needed but for the font
to act "from that point on until the end of the document" use
\setmainfont{Font Name}.

Regards,

- Mike