[XeTeX] xelatex + babel and / or polyglossia for Japanese

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 21 03:24:35 CET 2009

Hi,

The files gloss-japanese.ldf and gloss-nihongo.ldf are at:

http://www2.math.kyushu-u.ac.jp/user/index.php?iwase%2Fitoniki

Since Francois Parette is the man behind polyglossia, I guess it is up to him to decide whether or not to include the ldf-files in the polyglossia distribution. The author of the ldf-files has several other files for xetex on his website, but most seem to be very Mac-specific, because all the default fonts seem to be Mac-fonts.

Cheers,
Wilfred