[XeTeX] Slightly embarrassed.... why does \newfontfamily not do what I expect?

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 20 01:11:34 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to use \newfontfamily to set a document with some Japanese characters. I use:

\newfontfamily\cjkfont{Kozuka Mincho Pro-VI}
\cjkfont

When I do so, the text is rendered in Kozuka Mincho Pro, but the CJK characters are not present. When I say:

\setmainfont{Kozuka Mincho Pro-VI}

the CJK material does show in the final PDF (but then \textbf{} etc do not work). What am I doing wrong with the \newfontfamily command?

Cheers,
Wilfred

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!