[XeTeX] Issue with CJK in pdf build

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Nov 19 06:15:11 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:45:26 -0500, Chris Jones <cjns1989 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:56:24PM EST, maxwell wrote:
>> Wilfred van Rooijen <wvanrooijen at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, I wrote the following, not Wilfred:

Oops...

> Here's what I was writing about:
>
>   http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/doc/ch03s07.html

Umm... that section talks about tagging document revisions?

(I have thought about using a docbook-aware diff tool for tagging
revisions in the XML, and using a different LaTeX package--not the one
mentioned in the above dblatex sxn, I forget which one it is--to output the
revision flags.  Maybe when I get back from vacation to my Real Computer, I
can jot down some notes about this.  But probably on the dblatex mailing
list.  It would require some small modifications to the dblatex style
sheets.)

> I have a feeling that this may be misleading only for the likes of me. I
> now suspect that 'lang' is a DocBook attribute as in <article lang=en>
> and this is a warning against using several of these attributes in the
> same document. So, the author would appear to be talking about DocBook
> input restrictions rather than TeX/LaTeX (?)

If you can locate the place in the dblatex documentation that was
problematic, let me know.

BTW, we also modified DocBook (using some xml schema from Andy Black) to
allow interlinear text, then added a style sheet to dblatex to convert it
into Covington's LaTeX macros (with some special handling for right-to-left
text).  Let me know if you're interested.

  Mike Maxwell