[XeTeX] Issue with CJK in pdf build

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Nov 18 00:24:59 CET 2009

Hi Chris,

On 18/11/2009, at 9:56 AM, Chris Jones wrote:

> Since I didn't find anything that looked anywhere near relevant either
> on the a2x or on the dblatex man pages, my guess is that I have to ask
> the a2x command to direct dblatex to use a certain style sheet, maybe
> via the --dblatex-opts flag but I have no clue as to its content.

Chapter 4 of the  dblatex manual says:

>>> The --texstyle latex_style option accepts a package name (no path
>>> and no .sty extension) or a full style file path. If a full path
>>> is used, the filename must ends with .sty.
>>>
>>> # Give a package name and assume its path is already in TEXINPUTS
>>> dblatex --texstyle=mystyle file.xml
>>>
>>> # Give the full package path. The TEXINPUTS is then updated by
>>> dblatex
>>> dblatex --texstyle=./mystyle.sty file.xml

Thus you create a package to load all the LaTeX stuff that you need,
and use the  --texstyle   switch to ensure that it becomes part
of your job.

> Tool chains are great when everything works, less so when there is a
> problem :-)

Absolutely.

And mailing lists are to find someone who has been there before.

> As you will notice, this was posted back in May, and well.. mum's the
> word.

Maybe he RTFM and was too embarrassed to write back saying so.  :-)

> Thank you for your comments.
>
> CJ

Hope this helps,

	Ross