[XeTeX] issue with hyperref and xetex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 17 17:19:00 CET 2009

Am 17.11.2009 um 14:43 schrieb Vafa Khalighi:

> When I use hyperref with xelatex and I use say unicode characters
> (well
> Persian alphabets) for some page numbers, the adobe reader does not
> display
> them correctly.

To me it looks (in Skim) as if the page numbers of the frontmatter,
which with Latin or Cyrillic or Greek (?) scripts often are either
alphabet or Roman numerals. Then come a few pages with the Latin-
Arabic page numbers – in European order...

A possible solution might be to use a macro name for the XɘPersian
TeX page number in the front- and backmatter. This macro name could
then get from the actual TeX macro via the \pdfstringdef command from
hyperref a working "PDF representation" of the TeX macro's contents...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, but set a man on
fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.