[XeTeX] OS X 10.6.2, ttc fonts, xdvipdfmx and xdv2pdf.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 15 21:37:52 CET 2009

Howdy,

I reported about a problem that has come about with the update to Mac OS X 10.6.2. Since updating I first had a Segmentation Fault when attempting to use ttc fonts; others have see this behavior. After re-updating using the Combo updater the Segmentation Fault has gone away (why?) but the problem with ttc fonts remains and the pdf files produced by xdvipdfmx are faulty; also seen by others.

When the problem with ttc fonts and xdvipdfmx under OS X 10.6 first showed up, during TL-2009 testing, one could (temporarily) switch to using the xdv2pdf back-end driver. Unfortunately I'm experiencing problems with the xdv2pdf driver under OS X 10.6.2.

Are others seeing this problem on the Mac?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)