[XeTeX] section styling breaks with sections, intercharclasses and fontspec

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 03:21:51 CET 2009

On 2009-11-14 05:20:09 +1030, Michiel Kamermans
<pomax at nihongoresources.com> said:

> I'm running into a curious problem that I think is caused by an
> interplay by fontspec, intercharclass behaviour, and the way sections
> are dealt with by latex... so here goes.

Write your font switches in terms of font families instead:

\newfontfamily{\cjkfont}{Code2000} % pick any font with Japanese
support if you lack Code2000
\newfontfamily{\rmfont}{Times New Roman}
\setmainfont{Times New Roman}

Not 100% sure why your original code didn't work, but I only glanced
through it; the above seems to behave as you'd expect.

Will